It is the beautiful month of Ramadan when all Muslims fast and do not eat or drink anything for the sake of their maker.
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day likewise, when we are fasting Sehri is the most important meal of the day.So it is very important for us to have a balanced and a hydrated diet in order to perform and function better during our fast.
Do you often feel your stomach rumbling at 10:00 a.m even when you had a stuffy Sehri?
You start to loose energy which eventually makes you less productive at work, school or home and you just want to go to bed and sleep!
But we can’t sleep all day and become lazy that will just kill the whole point of fasting. So we at Araam came up with some Suhoor meal ideas which could make you feel active and release energy to your body throughout the day.
Adding FIBER in your meal will keep
- You full
- Help you control blood sugar level
- Aid in achieving a healthy weight (Don’t freak out by the name “weight” it’s HEALTHY weight:D).
Best sources of fiber : whole wheat bread, apples, nuts and seeds, oatmeal, bananas
1. Spread peanut butter on a whole wheat bread slice top it with some bananas and chia seeds (my personal favorite)
2. Add apples and nuts in your oatmeal to entice your taste buds
Feel cranky because of the hunger? Add some PROTEINS.
- Proteins delay the hunger pangs
- improves your mood, promote healthy brain functions and learning
Best sources of protein: eggs, yogurt, milk,soy, fish, beans,lentils, lean beef, and white meat.
3.Blend milk, yogurt, quick oats, banana, peanut butter, chia seeds cocoa powder and make a delicious quick protein smoothie.
4 . Who can forget Haleem? It is a mixture of meat and lentils which give you enough protein.
5. Qeema with paratha is another yummy yet healthy meal (provided they are cooked in less oil and olive oil is a better choice to cook your food)
It is a season of delicious fruits so why not take advantage of those juicy fruits.
6. Make a smoothie of watermelon, yogurt, apples and banana
7. Blend mangoes, oranges, pineapple with coconut butter and coconut water
These were some of the ideas you could add in your Sehri. They are simple, easy and quick (except for the haleem:p). They will help you stay active and hydrated.
If you are planning a Sehri/iftar for your friends/family and you don’t want to cook or don’t even want to step out of your house in this terrible heat to look for a caterer, then we have a great solution. You can just go to Araam.pk and fill in the required details. Some amazing caterers are waiting to cater your needs. Don’t worry about the cost you can also add your required budget and you will be connected with the right caterer within your budget.
If you do not wish to have caterers and just want to add some variety to the table without the hassle of making it then you can select “finger lickin food” on Araam.pk in which there are some amazing chefs who can add that extra yummy touch in your menu.
If you are in food service and you want to come on board with us to get amazing numbers of customers then click here to register yourself. Don’t miss out on this delicious opportunity!